Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Get to know JJ...


Like most of us photographers, I consider myself to be so fortunate to be able to do what we do. I fell in love with photography when I was a child. I went through countless rolls of film photographing friends, family, pets and anything else that got in my path. Once I got a little older and discovered the magic of the darkroom I was hooked for life. I went to Victoria, BC for a year to study at The Western Academy of Photography. After graduating I came back, worked a few odd jobs to pay the bills but eventually got a position as a Jr. Photographer at the U of M Medical College. In 1993 I married my husband Mario and in ’97, we welcomed our first son, Stason into our family. It was at that point that we decided that I needed to be home to raise our family, which now includes 2 more sons, Marley and Jackson and a faithful Labrador named Cato. And so JJ Ali Photography was born. Now that the kids are getting a little older I am able to devote more time to my photography and also our Association. As Secretary/Treasurer I have been able to work with the board on a number of projects, see that our finances are kept in order and keep a record of all the goings on in our Association. My job is always evolving and never dull. I have learned so much from doing it and gained so much from working with so many gifted photographers.