Wednesday, October 28, 2009


Newsletter Report

Working on the newsletter for PPOC-MB has been one of my best experiences as a board member for our association. Not only did it help me determine what our association wanted to read in a newsletter, it also helped me to design the newsletter for my company as well as writing to a deadline each month helped me in my monthly marketing blog, Hanging out on the Edge, in the Edge Business Strategies website. I can also be found at Ezine Articles as a published author on marketing.

With some help from Ken and Mimi as well as other members and non-members, I was able to bring you some of the latest articles in photography and marketing tips as well as a few business ideas. I received all the articles by email and by looking on some favorite sites like freelance folder and photojojo and composed the newsletter with a free template called Buzzword, an Acrobat product found on-line. The position was about 10 minutes a day in time and about 2 – 3 hours once a month to compose, write and send the newsletter to Marlene to distribute to the membership. Wow, so easy!

I would like to continue the role of communication by writing to a blog that can be added to a new website for our association. Thanks to all of you for a great year, thanks to Ken for smooth and efficient board meetings and I hope to continue on with the board in a new position.

sincerely,

Pamela MacFarlane

Newsletter Editor - PPOC-MB